Festive Chocolate Wreaths
For a delicious taste of Christmas try our easy, no-bake crunchy chocolate wreaths made with cinnamon, cranberries & pistachios. They’d make a perfect home made gift tied up in cellophane with a pretty bow.
- 150g dark chocolate (70% cocoa), broken into pieces
- 25g unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- zest of 1 satsuma
- 100g cornflakes
- 50g dried cranberries
- 60g chopped pistachios
- Festive sprinkles & edible glitter to finish
Follow these steps
- Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set to one side
- Add the chocolate pieces to a large bowl with the butter and golden syrup, place over a pan of barely simmering water. Take care not to let the bowl touch the water. Stir gently until melted together then set to one side to cool slightly.
- Stir the cinnamon and satsuma zest into the melted chocolate mixture followed by the cornflakes, taking care not to crush the cereal. Make sure everything is coated in chocolate then mix in the cranberries and pistachios.
- Divide the mixture into 9 equal mounds on the lined baking trays, then create a hole in the centre using a teaspoon. Make sure each wreath is of even thickness to ensure they stay whole once cooled.
- Decorate with festive sprinkles then place in the fridge to set. Once completely set brush or lightly spray the wreaths with edible glitter to give a festive sheen.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Makes 9