Salmon and broccoli go so well together in our deliciously fresh tasting supper dish, and it’s so easy to make – the sauce is simply a carton of half-fat creme fraiche flavoured with a little wholegrain mustard and some good, strong Scottish cheddar. We love the Dean’s Oatcake crumb gratin – the perfect finish!
- 400g (approx) skinless, boneless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 300 ml carton 1/2 fat creme fraiche
- 1 rounded teaspoon wholgrain mustard
- 50g mature Scottish cheddar, grated
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 50g Dean’s Oatcakes – crumbed
- 50g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Place the broccoli florets in a small saucepan with a little water – place the lid on and steam gently for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and leave to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the chunks of salmon into a gratin dish and tuck the steamed broccoli florets in between.
- Tip the crème fraiche into a mixing bowl with the wholegrain mustard and the grated mature cheddar cheese. Season with salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour the crème fraiche mixture over the salmon & broccoli covering as evenly as possible.
- Mix the crumbed oatcakes with the Parmesan cheese and -sprinkle over the dish.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Serve with a simple green salad.
Fancy a little Christmas baking? Try serving these delicious festive muffins with a glass of... read more
Brighten up your February with our zesty, crumbly and totally delicious lemon crunch bars!…read more