Salmon and broccoli go so well together in our deliciously fresh tasting supper dish, and it’s so easy to make – the sauce is simply a carton of half-fat creme fraiche flavoured with a little wholegrain mustard and some good, strong Scottish cheddar. We love the Dean’s Oatcake crumb gratin – the perfect finish!
- 400g (approx) skinless, boneless salmon fillet, cut into chunks
- 1 small head of broccoli, broken into small florets
- 300 ml carton 1/2 fat creme fraiche
- 1 rounded teaspoon wholgrain mustard
- 50g mature Scottish cheddar, grated
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 50g Dean’s Oatcakes – crumbed
- 50g Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Place the broccoli florets in a small saucepan with a little water – place the lid on and steam gently for about 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain and leave to one side.
- Pre-heat the oven to 170°C.
- Place the chunks of salmon into a gratin dish and tuck the steamed broccoli florets in between.
- Tip the crème fraiche into a mixing bowl with the wholegrain mustard and the grated mature cheddar cheese. Season with salt & pepper and mix well.
- Pour the crème fraiche mixture over the salmon & broccoli covering as evenly as possible.
- Mix the crumbed oatcakes with the Parmesan cheese and -sprinkle over the dish.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for about 40 minutes or until golden and bubbling at the edges. Serve with a simple green salad.
Spring has sprung….almost, and we’re celebrating the promise of warmer days with a... read more
Make the most of hot cross bun season with our delicious take on... read more