Working at Dean’s
To make the best quality products, we need the best people. As part of our recruitment process, we look for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join the Dean’s family.
Our People Values are Happiness, Trust, Respect, Fairness & Teamwork.
We are currently recruiting for: Seasonal Factory Operatives
Staff Training & Development
People are core to our business, and we are committed to on-going training and development to enhance your skills to allow progression throughout the business. We provide SVQ training as well as other bespoke training (both mandatory and optional) to our staff, allowing you to work to the best of your ability.
We provide a fair, safe place to work for all our staff. We fully comply with the Ethical Trade Initiative (ETI Base Code) to ensure all our staff are treated fairly and with respect. The Health & Safety of our staff is paramount and appropriate on-going training is provided as well as following best practice policies and procedures. Our production facility is warm, clean and has the lovely aroma of freshly baked shortbread.
As a member of staff at Dean’s you will receive the following staff benefits:
- On completion of your probationary period, you are entitled to paid breaks which means you will be paid for your full 40 hours per week (this effectively enhances your hourly rate as we are not deducting the time unworked from your weekly pay).
- Auto-Enrolment into our Pension Scheme (after 3 months service).
- Death in Service benefit (after 3 months service).
- Employee discount when purchasing products from our Gift Shop, Bistro & Coffee Stop.
- Above statutory holiday entitlement that increases with length of service.
- Opportunities to work additional overtime hours that are paid at enhanced rates for weekend working.
We have the following shift patterns within Production with individuals assigned to one shift during their employment:
- Early Shift – Working 5 days (Monday – Friday) from 5am – 1pm.
- Late Shift – Working 4 days (Monday – Thursday) from 1pm – 11pm.
- Day Shift – Working 5 days (Monday – Thursday) from 8am – 5pm & (Friday) from 9am – 1pm.