With the Easter weekend upon us, and the school holidays passing quickly, we thought we should share some ideas to butter the kids up and keep them sweet over the next few days.
If you’re in the area, why not visit Dean’s and treat yourself and the family to lunch in our spacious Café & Bistro? Or simply enjoy a relaxing tea or coffee & homebake – we are open Monday to Saturday from 9am – 5pm, and Sunday from 10am until 4pm.
With a baby food and bottle heating facility in our Café & Bistro, as well as free WiFi, you can catch up with your friends and family while you relax.
And if free WiFi isn’t enough to keep the kids entertained, they can find out about the history of shortbread in our Visitor Centre, and spend time in our viewing gallery finding out how Dean’s ‘melt in the mouth’ shortbread is made.
If you fancy doing a little baking during the Easter holiday, we can highly recommend our delicious and very pretty Easter cupcakes. These light vanilla sponge cakes topped with white chocolate frosting and mini chocolate eggs look and taste fantastic – why not give them a try using the recipe below?
- 100g Butter (at room temperature)
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium free-range eggs
- 100g Self raising flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 50g White chocolate
- 1-2tbsp Milk
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Deg C / Gas 6
- Line a cupcake baking tray with paper cases
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Sift the flour and baking powder together then add a little of the flour to the creamed mixture along with the eggs and beat well. Fold in the remaining flour. Half fill the paper cases with the cake mix. Bake for around 15-18 minutes until golden brown and the mixture springs back when you touch it. Place cakes onto cooling tray.
- To make the icing, melt the white chocolate then add the milk – in a separate bowl beat the butter and icing sugar then add the melted chocolate and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Put the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle, and pipe a swirl onto each cooled cupcakes. Decorate with mini eggs then serve.
However you choose to celebrate, we hope you all enjoy your Easter weekend. Once it’s over and your chocolate eggs are long gone, don’t despair – as we will have a very special offer for you starting next week!