Apple & Blackberry Crumbles
The perfect dessert to enjoy as the leaves begin to turn amber, this autumnal treat makes the best of the blackberry season. Serve warm with ice cream or custard.
- For the crumble:
- 75g plain flour
- 75g ground almonds
- 75g caster sugar
- 75g unsalted butter
- 3 Bramley cooking apples
- 50g caster sugar
- a knob of unsalted butter
- 125g blackberries
- zest of 1 lemon
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 190degC/170 fan. Place 4 single serve ramekin dishes on a large baking sheet
- To make the crumble, place all the ingredients in a bowl and rub together until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Set to one side.
- Peel and core the apples then cut into small chunks and add to a saucepan with the sugar, butter and a little water. Place over a medium heat and simmer for around 5 minutes until the fruit has softened, adding a little more water if necessary. Remove the pan from the heat and carefully stir through the blackberries and lemon zest.
- Divide the fruit between the 4 ramekins and top with the crumble mix. Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes until the crumble is golden and the fruit is bubbling. Serve warm with a scoop of ice cream or custard.
- The cooled crumbles will keep in the fridge covered with clingfilm for up to 3 days.