Simple yet impressive, our sweet little banoffee shots will add a touch of sophistication to your new year dinner party.
Makes around 12
- Dean's Crème Caramel Biscuits 150g (crushed into crumbs)
- 1 can Nestlé Caramel (or a jar of Dulce de leche)
- 300mls fresh double cream, whisked until soft peaks form
- 2 bananas
- juice of 1 lemon
- a little grated dark chocolate
- 50g sugar (for sugar curls)
Follow these steps
- Place a teaspoon of biscuit crumbs into the base of 12 large shot glasses. Add a dessert spoon of caramel
- Slice the bananas then cut each slice in half, coat with the lemon juice, then place 2 or 3 pieces of banana into each glass.
- Repeat the biscuit, caramel and banana layers again then finish with a swirl of whipped cream. Sprinkle over a little grated dark chocolate.
- To make the sugar curls heat 25g of the sugar in a heavy based saucepan, once it has melted add the remaining 25g and melt it down too.
- Once it starts to turn a caramel colour, remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly, you will see it start to thicken slightly. Using a teaspoon, create a spiral of caramel around the handle of a wooden spoon - slide off onto non-stick paper and leave to cool completely. Continue the process until you have sufficient sugar curls for decoration.
- Place the sugar curls onto the finished desserts just before serving.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]