Blackberry Lemon Scones
These sticky & sweet fragrant scones are quick to make and will bring the scent of early Autumn into your kitchen…….
- 225g self raising flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 55g cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 100mls milk
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- zest from 1 lemon
- 100g blackberries
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 200degC / 180degC fan. Line a baking sheet with baking parchment.
- Place the flour, sugar & butter into a large bowl and rub together until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Mix together the milk & lemon juice and leave to stand for a few minutes - it should thicken up like buttermilk.
- Fold the blackberries & lemon zest into the rubbed in mixture, then add the milk & lemon juice stirring to form a soft dough
- Tip onto a floured surface and gently flatten into a neat circle about 3-4 cm thick. Cut into quarters and place on the lined baking tray.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes or until risen & golden.
- Leave to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack. Serve while still warm, just as they are or with a little butter.
- Serves 4.