Carrot & Ginger Soup
Satisfying and nutritious, our carrot & ginger soup will make you feel great and give your energy levels a boost. Packed with vitamin A for all round good health, as well as ginger to aid digestion.
Serve with Dean’s Cheese Oat Bites & Chilli for a satisfying and healthy lunch.
- 800g carrots, peeled & chopped into 3cm chunks
- 1 white onion, peeled and cut into eighths
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 10g fresh ginger, peeled & finely grated
- 1 litre vegetable stock
- 200g coconut cream, plus a little extra to serve
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Dean's Cheese Oat Bites & Chilli to serve
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 200degC/180degC fan.
- Place the prepared carrot and onion onto a large baking sheet and drizzle over 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Sprinkle over the chilli flakes and toss everything togther until the vegetables are well coated. Place in the oven and roast for 30-35 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through cooking.
- Place a large stock pot over a medium heat and add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil. Add the chopped garlic and grated ginger and toast gently together until fragrant.
- Add the roasted carrot & onion to the pot, stir to combine then cover with the stock. Cover with a lid and simmer until the vegetables are tender. Stir in the coconut cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth using a stick blender, or in batches using a traditional blender. Return to the heat to warm through.
- Ladle into warmed bowls and add a swirl of coconut and a little extra black pepper.
- Serve with Dean's Cheese Oat Bites & Chilli on the side.
- Serves 4.