Chocolate Chip Flapjacks
These easy to make chocolate chip flapjacks are a decadent twist on a classic traybake.
- 150g light muscovado sugar
- 250g unsalted butter
- 1 heaped tbsp golden syrup
- 350g porridge oats
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 50g dark chocolate, melted.
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 150degC / 130Deg/C fan, grease and line a 20cm square baking tin
- Place the sugar, butter and golden syrup in a saucepan and melt together over a medium heat. Put the porridge oats in a large bowl and set to one side. Once the butter and sugar have melted, pour into the oats and stir to combine.
- Leave to cool for a couple of minutes before adding the chocolate chips and quickly stir together. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin and press down into an even layer. Bake for 40 - 45 minutes until golden at the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the tin for 10 minutes before marking into 9 squares with a sharp knife. Once completely cooled, remove from the tin and cut into the 9 marked squares.
- To decorate, drizzle the melted dark chocolate over each flapjack in a zig-zag pattern. Leave to set at room temperature
- Store in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- Serves 9