Chocolate Mint Squares
Our decadent chocolate mint squares are lovely to enjoy with coffee – after dinner or any time.
- 500g Dean's Shortbread, crumbed
- 180g butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 397g can Nestle condensed milk
- 4 tsp peppermint extract
- 105g bar peppermint Aero (large) - chopped
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 230g icing sugar
- 2 drops green food colouring
- 50g white chocolate
- 50g dark chocolate
Follow these steps
- Measure half the can of condensed milk into a saucepan with the butter, golden syrup and cocoa powder - melt gently together. Remove from the heat and add 2 tsp of peppermint extract and the shortbread crumbs - mix well.
- Add the chopped Aero and mix to combine.
- Tip into a baking tray (23 x 32 cm approx) and spread evenly - leave to cool.
- Melt the remaining condensed milk with the white chocolate - add the green food colouring, icing sugar and remaining peppermint extract, mix until well blended.
- Spread over the base and leave to set. Melt the dark chocolate and drizzle over to finish.
- Chill thoroughly before cutting into small squares.