Chocolate Nut Slab
Try our deliciously decadent chocolate nut slab, packed full of sweet things and totally gluten free!
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 70g Nutella
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 1 box Dean's Gluten Free All Butter Shortbread (150g)
- 60g blanched hazelnuts
- 50g mini marshmallows
- 75g glace cherries, chopped
- A little cocoa powder for dusting
Follow these steps
- Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin and set to one side. Place the chocolate, Nutella, golden syrup and butter in a large heatproof bowl and place over a pan of barely simmering water. Stir to combine and once melted, remove from the heat and leave to one side to cool.
- Break up the shortbread with your hands to create a mix of crumbs and large pieces.
- In a frying pan placed over a low heat, toast the hazenuts until they smell nutty and fragrant then remove from the heat.
- Add the nuts to the cooled chocolate mixture along with the shortbread pieces, mini marshmallows and glace cherries. Pour into the prepared tin and smooth over. Place a piece of baking paper on top.
- Chill in the fridge for four hours or until set. Remove from the tin and carefully peel off the baking paper - leave to come to room temperature for around 20 minutes. Dust lightly with cocoa powder before serving.
- Cuts into 12 slices.
- Keeps for up to 5 days in the fridge, in an airtight container
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]