Chocolate Truffles with Whisky & Ginger
Try our decadent chocolate truffles coated in crumbed shortbread – the perfect after dinner treat or an ideal home-made Christmas gift. If you don’t want to use whisky simply replace with your favourite liqueur or miss out altogether, likewise chopped nuts or a little citrus zest can be added in place of ginger.
- 150g Dean's Shortbread, crumbed
- 50g fresh double cream
- 150g good quality dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 15g unsalted butter
- 1-2 tsp whisky
- 25g crystallized ginger, very finely chopped
Follow these steps
- Warm the cream gently in a saucepan with the chocolate until melted and evenly combined.
- Add the butter followed by the whisky and ginger - mix well to form a smooth paste.
- Leave to cool and thicken.
- Place the shortbread crumbs into a bowl. Take teaspoons of the cooled chocolate mixture and roll into balls - place into the Dean's Shortbread crumbs and coat evenly.
- Place on a large serving plate or tray and then into the fridge to set.
- Allow to come back to room temperature before serving.
- Makes approx 25 truffles