Courgette & Pistachio Loaf
This gorgeous courgette & pistachio loaf is a real crowd pleaser with its zesty glaze and crunchy topping
- 350g courgettes
- 200g soft light brown sugar
- 125mls vegetable oil
- 3 medium eggs
- 2 lemons, zested
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 75g pistachios, roughly chopped
- 70g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 25g pistachios, chopped
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 180degC / 160degC fan and grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
- Coarsely grate the courgette into a clean tea towel then squeeze out as much of the liquid as possible
- Place the sugar into a mixing bowl. Whisk together the eggs and oil. Add to the sugar along with the lemon zest, vanilla paste and grated courgette - mix well.
- Fold in the flour, baking powder and pistachios then pour into the prepared tin. Bake for 50-60 minutes or until a skewer inserted to the centre of the loaf comes out clean.
- Leave to cool in the tin for ten minutes before turning out onto a wire rack, removing the baking paper. Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together the icing sugar and lemon juice to form a runny glaze, then drizzle over the cake. Scatter over the chopped pistachios then cut into slices to serve.
- The loaf can be stored in an airtight tin for up to five days.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]