Cranberry & Walnut Banana Bread
Cheer up January with our simple one-bowl recipe, packed with cranberries & walnuts for a tasty twist on the classic banana loaf.
- 2 very ripe bananas (around 200g mashed weight)
- 100g softened unsalted butter, cubed
- 100g caster sugar
- 50g soft light brown sugar
- 225g self raising flour
- 2 medium eggs
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 60g dried cranberries
- 60g chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1 - 2 tbsp milk if required
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 180degC / 160degC fan. Grease and line a 2lb loaf tin
- In a large mixing bowl mash the peeled banana to a soft puree, then add the butter, sugars, flour, eggs and bicarbonate of soda. Using a handheld mixer, beat the mixture until thick and smooth. Stir in the walnuts and cranberries. If the batter seems too stiff add a little milk.
- Pour into the prepared loaf tin and level off the top. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 - 60 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and leave the loaf to cool in the tin for 10 minutes, before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Delicious sliced and served with coffee. Store in an airtight tin for up to three days.