Double Chocolate Chip Blondies
Our chewy blondie bars are packed with chocolate chips and make the perfect treat for your bonfire night party!
- 225g unsalted butter
- 300g light brown muscovado sugar
- 100g caster sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 250g plain flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 50g milk chocolate chips
- 50g white chocolate chips
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 180degC/160degC fan and grease and line a 20cm square baking tin
- Melt the butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water taking care not to let the bowl touch the water. Add the two sugars and melt together stirring constantly for five minutes, until the mixture turns golden brown. Removed from the heat to cool slightly for about five minutes.
- Whisk in the eggs then fold in the flour, salt & baking powder. Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine then pour into the prepared tin
- Bake for 30 minutes until the top is shiny and the middle still slightly soft, remove from the oven and leave to cool completely in the tin. Cut into 12 squares or thin bars.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]