Easter Bunny Biscuits
Look forward to Easter with a batch of our sweet Easter bunny iced biscuits
- 100g unsalted butter, softened
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 medium egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 tsp vanilla paste
- 275g plain flour
- 200g white fondant
- 300g icing sugar, plus a little extra for dusting
- Pink gel food colouring
- Mini marshmallows
- Using an electric mixer cream the butter and caster sugar together in a large bowl until well combined
- Add the egg a little at a time to the butter and sugar mix, beating constantly. Stir in the vanilla paste. Add the flour and carefully mix to form a soft dough.
- Briefly knead the dough to bring it together then wrap in cling film and chill in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 190degC / 170degC fan. Line two baking sheets with baking parchment and set to one side.
- Dust a clean work top with a little flour then roll out the dough to a thickness of about 1cm. Using a 7cm round cutter, cut out as many rounds as you can and arrange evenly on the prepared baking sheets. Gather up the remaining scraps and repeat until all the dough is used up.
- Bake the biscuits for 10 - 12 minutes until light golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust a clean work surface and a rolling pin with icing sugar, then roll out the fondant icing to 1/2 cm thickness. Using a 3cm cutter, cut out two mini rounds per biscuit. Lay out on a sheet of baking parchment to air dry.
- In a large bowl, mix together the icing sugar with 3 to 4 tbsp of water to create a thick icing, add around 1/3 of the icing to a piping bag fitted with a narrow nozzle. Carefully pipe an outline around the edge of each biscuit.
- Add a little more water to the remaining icing in the bowl and carefully spoon onto each biscuit carefully spreading to the outline. While the icing is still wet place two mini fondant circles onto each biscuit to make bunny feet, then add a mini marshmallow for a tail.
- Remove the remaining thicker icing from the piping bag to a clean bowl and add a little pink food colouring, mix well. Return to the piping bag and pipe paws onto each bunny foot.
- Leave the biscuits at room temperature to dry completely before serving. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Makes around 20 biscuits.