If you fancy doing a little baking during the Easter holiday, we can highly recommend our delicious and very pretty Easter cupcakes – light vanilla sponge cakes topped with white chocolate frosting & mini chocolate eggs. They look and taste fantastic – give them a try.
- 100g Butter (at room temperature)
- 100g Caster Sugar
- 2 Medium free-range eggs
- 100g Self raising flour
- 1tsp Baking Powder
- 1tsp Vanilla Extract
- 125g Butter
- 250g Icing Sugar
- 50g White chocolate
- 1-2tbsp Milk
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 Deg C / Gas 6
- Line a cup cake baking tin with paper cases
- Cream the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together until light and fluffy. Sift the flour and baking powder together then add a little of the flour to the creamed mixture along with the eggs and beat well. Fold in the remaining flour. Half fill the paper cases with the cake mix. Bake for around 15-18 minutes until golden brown and the mixture springs back when you touch it. Place cakes onto cooling tray.
- To make the icing, melt the white chocolate then add the milk – in a separate bowl beat the butter and icing sugar then add the melted chocolate and continue to beat until well mixed.
- Put the icing into a piping bag with a star nozzle, and pipe a swirl onto each cooled cup cakes. Decorate with mini eggs then serve.