This is our twist on Eton Mess, a summertime mix of strawberries, cream, meringue and biscuit pieces – perfect for strawberry season!
- 250g strawberries washed, hulled and quartered (keep a few whole ones for decoration
- 300mls fresh double cream
- 1 bottle of good quality strawberry coulis or dessert sauce
- 1/2 packet Dean's Original Oat Biscuits - broken into small pieces
- 3 meringue nests - broken into small pieces
Follow these steps
- Whip the double cream until just starting to thicken
- Add the quartered strawberries, followed by the biscuit and meringue pieces.
- Very lightly stir in the strawberry coulis and mix through, just enough to create a ripple effect.
- Spoon into serving glasses and decorate with the remaining whole strawberries - serve immediately.