Ginger & Almond Rocky Road
A grown up twist on classic rocky road, packed with toasted almonds, crunchy biscuit and stem ginger.
- 300g dark chocolate (70% cocoa) broken into pieces
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- 200g ginger nut biscuits
- 100g almonds, toasted
- 2 pieces preserved stem ginger, chopped
- 1 tsp preserved ginger syrup (from the jar)
- 100g mini marshmallows
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
Follow these steps
- Line a 20cm square cake tin with baking parchment.
- Place the dark chocolate pieces, golden syrup & butter in a heatproof bowl. Place over a pan of barely simmering water and stir until melted together. (Take care not to let the bowl touch the water)
- Weigh out 125g of the melted mixture into a separate bowl, leave to one side.
- Place the ginger nut biscuits in a plastic bag and bash with a rolling pin to form a mix of crumbs and small chunks. Tip into the larger of the two chocolate mixture bowls, along with the almonds, chopped stem ginger, stem ginger syrup and marshmallows - stir well to combine. Tip into the prepared tin and level the top. Pour over the remaining chocolate mix and spread over evenly.
- Place in the fridge for at least two hours to set completely. Remove from the tin and cut into 16 squares, dust with icing sugar before serving.
- Makes 16 squares.