Gluten Free Orange & Ginger Shortbread Tiffin
Thanks to Susan Barrie, food blogger at messintheness.com for creating this delicious recipe using Dean’s gluten free shortbread.
We made a batch to serve in our café bistro and it went down a treat, why not give it a try……
- 60g unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon golden syrup
- 250g dark chocolate (look for bars flavoured with orange, or use plain dark chocolate and a little orange zest)
- 250g Dean's All Butter Gluten Free Choc Chip & Stem Ginger Shortbread
- 60g (9) marshmallows
- 10 glace cherries
- 75g white chocolate to finish
Follow these steps
- Heat the butter, chocolate and golden syrup in a medium pan on a low heat, until all ingredients are completely melted. Meantime roughly chop the marshmallows and glace cherries.
- Using the end of a rolling pin, break the shortbread until you have a combination of medium and small chunks, and crumbs.
- Combine all the ingredients ina large bowl and stir with a wooden spoon until all the dry ingredients are completely coated with the chocolate mixture.
- Tip into a lined tray (a 20cm brownie pan is ideal) and press down evenly. Melt the white chocolate and drizzle over the tiffin. Chill for around 30 minutes - cut into squares and serve.