Incredibly simple (it’s hardly a ‘recipe’ at all!), but the results are mouth watering – all you have to do is whip up some buttercream and melt some chocolate.
- 2 packets Dean's Oat & Stem Ginger Biscuits.
- 100g butter (or soft margarine) at room temperature.
- 175g sieved icing sugar
- 25g sieved cocoa powder
- 100g white chocolate
Follow these steps
- Place the butter into a mixing bowl and beat until soft. Add the sieved icing sugar and cocoa powder. Mix very gently until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the butter. Then whisk thoroughly until you have a smooth, light butter cream.
- Place the biscuits from one pack onto a large serving plate, bases facing up. Spoon the butter cream into an icing bag fitted with a large star nozzle then pipe a large swirl onto each biscuit. Top with the biscuits from the second pack and press down lightly. Place in the fridge to set.
- Break the white chocolate into pieces and place in a heatproof bowl. Melt gently in the microwave or over a pan of hot water.
- Remove the creamed biscuits from the fridge. Using the point of a dessertspoon, drizzle the chocolate over the tops of the biscuits then place back in the fridge, just until the chocolate has set.
- Delicious for afternoon tea!
- Makes 8 large gypsy creams.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]