Hot Cross Bread & Butter Pudding
Make the most of hot cross bun season with our delicious take on bread & butter pudding – we’ve added chopped apricots & zesty orange marmalade for maximum flavour.
- 6 hot cross buns
- 40g butter
- zest and juice of 1 large orange
- 85g dried ready-to-eat apricots - chopped
- 50g orange marmalade
- 1/2 teaspoon gound cinnamon
- 100g caster sugar
- 300mls milk
- 300mls double cream
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar
- 2 medium free-range eggs
- a little extra butter for greasing
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 170degC
- Grease a large ovenproof dish with the extra butter, cut the hot cross buns into even slices and arrange in the buttered dish.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the chopped apricots, orange marmalade, cinnamon, caster sugar, orange zest & juice and mix well together.
- Drizzle the warm mixture over the bun slices and leave to soak in for a few minutes.
- Break the eggs into a large jug, add the milk and cream and whisk together. Pour into the dish, pressing the bun slices gently into the egg mixture to ensure they're all soaked through.
- Sprinkle the demerara sugar over the top and bake in the pre-heated oven until golden brown.
- Serve hot with cream or vanilla custard.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]