Key Lime Pie
Get March off to a sweet start with a slice of our fabulous Key Lime Pie! A rich, buttery crumb base topped with a smooth, creamy filling and a real kick of zesty lime – perfection!
The recipe uses a pack and a half of Dean’s Oat & Coconut biscuits, which leaves just enough over to enjoy with a cuppa!
- For the base:
- 250g Dean's Oat & Coconut Biscuits
- 100g butter
- 40g dark chocolate
- 1 x 397g can Nestle condensed milk
- 300 mls fresh double cream
- 4 limes
- To decorate:
- a little extra lime zest
Follow these steps
- To prepare the base - crush the biscuits in a bag with a rolling pin, or blitz in a food processor until fine crumbs form.
- Melt the butter & chocolate gently in a saucepan then mix in the crumbs.
- Press the crumb mix into the base of an oiled 20cm loose bottom flan tin, pressing up the sides to form a crumb base. Place in the fridge to set.
- To prepare the filling - finely grate the zest from the four limes then extract the juice.
- In a large bowl whisk the condensed milk, double cream, lime zest and juice until thick and creamy.
- Pour into the chilled crumb base and smooth over the top with a pallet knife.
- Decorate with a little extra lime zest and chill before serving.