Lemon Yogurt Loaf
During Scottish Food & Drink Fortnight why not enjoy some home baking with our mouth watering Lemon Yogurt Loaf – finished with lemon drizzle & lemon icing it’s full of fresh, citrus flavour!
- 1 carton (150g) of Lemon Curd flavour yogurt
- 300g self raising flour
- 160g caster sugar
- 140g butter
- 3 medium free-range eggs
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- For the lemon drizzle:
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 70g caster sugar
- 80g icing sugar
- 2-3 tbsp lemon juice
Follow these steps
- Melt butter in a large pan, remove from the heat and add all the other cake ingredients – mix well.
- Spoon into a lined 2lb loaf tin and bake at 180°C for 40- 50 minutes or until the loaf is risen & golden and springs back when lightly touched on top.
- To make the lemon drizzle
- Mix the lemon juice and caster sugar together. While still warm prick the top of the loaf with a cocktail stick and drizzle the lemon juice mixture over the top.
- Turn out loaf onto a wire cooling tray.
- For the icing
- Mix the icing sugar and lemon juice together until smooth.
- When the loaf is cool, drizzle the icing back and forwards over the loaf
- Leave to set then serve in slices.