A quick, no-bake chocolate treat that everyone will love. Get the kids to help – perfect rainy day activity for the school holidays 🙂
- 90g butter
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
- 200g condensed milk
- 200g dark chocolate
- 250g Dean's shortbread - crumbed
- 121g pouch Maltesers
- 150g white chocolate
- a little chocolate powder or grated milk chocolate to finish
Follow these steps
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan with the golden syrup and condensed milk. Once hot (do not boil) add the dark chocolate - stir until melted.
- Add the Dean's shortbread crumbs and mix well.
- Line a 28 x 18cm baking tin with parchment - tip the chocolate mixture into the prepared tin and press down evenly.
- Scatter the maltesers over the top and press down evenly into the soft mix, smooth over the top with a spatula.
- Spread over the melted white chocolate, then finish with a sprinkling of chocolate powder or grated milk chocolate.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or until completely cold.
- Remove from the fridge and cut into small squares
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]