- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 1 stick of celery
- 1/2 orange pepper
- 1/2 yellow pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/4 litres vegetable or chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 can cannellini beans, drained & rinsed
- 100g small pasta shapes
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
Follow these steps
- Finely chop all the vegetables. Add the olive oil to a large soup pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the onion, carrot and celery to the pan and cook gently for 5 minutes until the vegetables start to soften.
- Add the peppers and garlic to the pan and stir again, cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Next add the tinned tomatoes, stock and bay leaf and stir to combine. Bring to a gentle simmer. Add the cannellini beans, cover and leave to cook for 20-25 minutes.
- Add the pasta shapes to the soup, stir well and cook for around 5-6 minutes. Season, then ladle into warmed bowls. Finish with a grating of parmesan cheese
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]