Mini Egg Cookies
Bake a batch of these delicious cookies in time for Easter. Soft & chewy and studded with mini chocolate eggs, these will go down a treat with the whole family.
- 250g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 130g caster sugar
- 130g soft light brown sugar
- 1 medium egg
- 1 medium egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 335g plain flour
- 300g mini chocolate eggs, roughly chopped
Follow these steps
- Place the butter and the two sugars in a large bowl and beat with an electric whisk until soft and creamy. Add the egg & yolk and vanilla paste then beat again. Mix together the flour, salt and bicarbonate of soda then beat into the creamed mix. Stir through 200g of the chopped mini eggs then cover the cookie dough with cling film and refrigerate for about 1 hour. Preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment and set aside. Divide the chilled dough into 20 evenly sized balls and arrange on the two lined trays allowing plenty of space in between (depending on the size of your baking trays don't try and fit them all on the trays in one go, better to bake them in two batches).
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes or until golden around the edges. Remove from the oven and carefully press a few more pieces of chopped mini egg into the cookies before they set. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to five days.
- Makes 20 cookies
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]