Looking for a tasty, comforting supper dish? Our mushroom risotto is perfect – rich, satisfying & delicious.
- 30g dried mixed mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1-2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 150g Arborio rice
- 100mls dry white wine
- 250mls hot vegetable stock
- small handful chopped parsley
- a knob of butter
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Parmesan shavings
- A few snipped chives
- Dean's Cheese Oat Nibbles & Chive
Follow these steps
- Soak the mushrooms in boiled water for 20 minutes then drain, reserving about 300mls of the soaking liquor.
- Heat the olive oil in a large saute pan - add the chopped onion and cook gently until softened but not browned.
- Roughly chop the soaked mushrooms and add to the pan along with the garlic - stir well. Add the rice to the pan and continue to cook gently for a few minutes.
- Turn up the heat and add the wine, stirring continuously until the wine is absorbed.
- Continue stirring, adding the hot vegetable stock a little at a time followed by the soaking liquor, until the risotto is thick and creamy and the rice is tender with just a little bite to it.
- If the rice is a little chalky in the middle, add a little more hot vegetable stock and cook for a couple of minutes longer. Add the butter and chopped parsley.
- Check seasoning.
- Serve in warm bowls with a few snipped chives & parmesan shavings sprinkled over.
- Add a few Dean’s Cheese Oat Nibbles & Chive on the side.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]