Peanut Butter Millionnaire’s Shortbread
For a nutty twist on the classic millionnaire’s shortbread, give our deliciously indulgent recipe a try!
- For the shortbread:
- 225g plain flour
- 85g caster sugar
- 200g unsalted butter, cubed
For the filling:
- 115g unsalted butter
- 1 x 397g tin condensed milk
- 4 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 heaped tsp smooth peanut butter
- 100g dry roasted peanuts
- To finish:
- 200g dark chocolate
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 190C / 170C fan, and grease & line a 20cm square cake tin.
- To make the shortbread, mix the flour and sugar together in a bowl and rub in the butter to form a sandy dough. Tip into the prepared tin and press down firmly into an even layer. Prick all over with a fork then bake in the pre-heated oven for 5 minutes before reducing the heat to 170C / 150C fan and baking for a further 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool in the tin.
- For the caramel filling, melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat then pour in the condensed milk and the golden syrup. Mix together until well combined then bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly until the caramel has thickened and turned golden brown.
- Add the peanut butter and stir until melted through, then fold in the peanuts. Pour over the shortbread base in an even layer then leave to set.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water, taking care that the bowl doesn't touch the hot water. Stir until the chocolate is melted then pour over the cooled caramel and spread evenly.
- Place in the fridge to cool completely, then remove from the tin and cut into 16 squares.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]