Pecan Caramel Cheesecakes
As well as looking great and tasting fantastic, our delicious cheesecake recipe is very easy to put together. This quantity makes 8 individual portions, or you could make one large cheesecake using a 20cm spring form cake tin.
- For the base:
- 175g Dean's shortbread, made into fine crumbs
- 25g finely chopped pecan nuts
- 25g butter, melted
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 300mls fresh double cream
- 100g icing sugar, sieved
- To finish:
- 1/2 can of Nestle Caramel (or Dulce de Leche)
- a few roughly chopped pecan nuts
Follow these steps
- Make the cheesecake base by mixing the shortbread crumbs, chopped pecans and melted butter together. Press down evenly into the base of 8 ramekin dishes or single dessert jars.
- Mix the mascarpone cheese together with the icing sugar and a little of the double cream to form a smooth consistency. Beat in the remaining double cream just until it starts to thicken.
- Spoon the filling onto the crumb bases and level the tops. Spread over a layer of caramel or Dulce de Leche, and finish with some chopped pecans.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving.