With winter now on the horizon our thoughts turn to warming, bake-in-the-oven recipes, like our delicious ratatouille crumble. This French classic is finished with a gratin of Dean’s Cheese Oat Nibbles to make the perfect vegetarian supper dish, or a very tasty accompaniment to roast meats.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled & chopped
- 1 large garlic clove, peeled & crushed
- 1 small aubergine, chopped into chunks
- 1 courgette, sliced
- 1 yellow pepper, de-seeded and cut into chunks
- 130g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2-3 tbsp tomato puree
- 300mls passata (sieved tomatoes)
- 1 Knorr vegetable 'stock pot' (or 1 tsp vegetable stock powder)
- a handful of basil leaves, roughly torn
- a little sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- To finish - 1 x 150g pack Dean's Cheese Oat Nibbles, crumbed, 50g mature cheddar cheese, grated
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 150degC.
- Heat the oil in a large saute pan. Add the chopped onion and cook for 2-3 minutes until starting to soften. Add the crushed garlic and cook for a further minute.
- Add the aubergine, courgette and yellow pepper to the pan - continue cooking for a couple of minutes. Next, add the tomato puree and stir through.
- Pour in the passata along with the vegetable 'stock pot' or powder. Stir well then turn the heat down to a gentle simmer - cover with a lid and leave to cook for around 15 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Stir from time to time to prevent sticking.
- Finally, stir through the halved cherry tomatoes and the torn basil leaves and check the seasoning. Transfer the hot vegetable mix to an ovenproof gratin dish.
- Mix together the grated cheddar cheese and crumbed Dean's Cheese Oat Nibbles. Sprinkle evenly over the top.
- Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serves 4-6