Rhubarb & Ginger Crumble
Create the perfect comfort pudding with our recipe for rhubarb & stem ginger crumble – serve warm with custard on the side.
- 400g fresh rhubarb - washed, trimmed & cut into 2cm pieces
- 75g preserved ginger (from a jar) plus 50g of the preserving syrup
- 75g caster sugar
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 25g flaked almonds
- 1 pack (150g) Dean's Oat & Stem Ginger Biscuits
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 160degC
- Add the sugar, water and ginger preserving syrup to a pan - simmer until just starting to form a light syrup
- Add the prepared rhubarb to the pan, cover and continue to simmer for a further 10 minutes or until the rhubarb is just tender.
- Finely chop the preserved ginger and add to the pan - stir through.
- Leave to simmer uncovered for a further 5 minutes to allow the cooking liquid to reduce slightly.
- Divide the cooked rhubarb between 6 large ramekin dishes. Place the filled ramekins onto a baking tray.
- Tip the oat & stem ginger biscuits into a plastic bag and crush into crumbs using a rolling pin. Add the flaked almonds and mix through.
- Divide the biscuit crumbs evenly on top of each ramekin. Place in the pre-heated oven for around 20 minutes or until bubbling.
- Serve warm with custard.