Rhubarb & Strawberry Crumble
Celebrate the arrival of warmer days with our delicious crumble, combining Spring rhubarb and the first strawberries of the season.
- 450g rhubarb - washed, trimmed and cut into 3cm pieces
- 90g caster sugar
- 3 tbsp water
- 250g strawberries, hulled & halved
- zest of 1 lemon
For the crumble topping:
- 100g cold, unsalted butter
- 100g plain flour
- 50g oats
- 50g caster sugar
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 200degC / 180degC fan
- Place the rhubarb in a saucepan with the caster sugar and water. Simmer gently over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until the fruit has softened but is still holding its shape. Stir in the strawberries & lemon zest then transfer to an ovenproof dish.
- Make the crumble topping by rubbing the cold butter into the dry ingredients or, whizz everything together in a food processor to form fine crumbs.
- Cover the fruit evenly with the crumble topping then place in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes or until golden & bubbling. Serve warm with ice cream or custard.
- Serves 4