Roasted Potato & Red Onion Soup
Roasting the vegetables before making into soup creates a more intense flavour. This is potato soup like you’ve never tasted before, delicious served with crusty bread or Dean’s oat bites.
- 1kg Potatoes, peeled & cut into big chunks
- 2 large red onions, peeled & cut into big chunks
- 2 tbsp Olive oil, Salt & Pepper
- 1 litre Hot vegetable stock, 300 ml Milk
- a small handful of fresh sage leaves
- a little Parmesan Cheese
- a few extra sage leaves
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 200degC.
- Place the chunks of potato & red onion into a large roasting tin – drizzle over the olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Place in the pre-heated oven for about 15 minutes then remove and turn the vegetables to ensure even cooking, Scatter over the sage leaves then return to the oven for a further 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and starting to brown.
- Remove from the oven and tip the contents of the roasting tin into a large saucepan.
- Add the hot stock to the pan then bring to the boil and simmer gently for 15 minutes. Liquidise in batches or blend in the pan to a smooth consistency using a stick blender. Stir in the milk and bring back to a gentle simmer. Check the seasoning.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a little parmesan cheese & extra sage leaves sprinkled over.