Roasted Tomato & Red Pepper Soup
Now that autumn is here why not give our warming soup recipe a try – perfect for lunch with a few Dean’s Cheese Oat Nibbles & Chilli on the side.
- 600g fresh tomatoes
- 2-3 red peppers, de-seeded
- 1 onion, peeled
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp demerara sugar
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinega
- 1 litre vegetable stock (approx)
- small bunch fresh basil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Dean's Cheese Oat Nibbles & Chilli to serve
Follow these steps
- Pre-heat the oven to 200degC.
- Cut the tomatoes, peppers and onion into large chunks and place on a large baking sheet, add the chopped garlic.
- Drizzle over the olive oil and stir through, coating the vegetables evenly.
- Season with a little salt and lots of freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the pre-heated oven to roast for 20-25 minutes or until the vegetables start to brown at the edges.
- Remove the tray from the oven and tip the vegetables into a large soup pan - add most of the vegetable stock (reserve a little to add later if the soup is too thick), followed by the sugar and balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to simmering point, cover the pan with a lid and leave to simmer for five minutes, then blend to a smooth consistency with a stick blender.
- Roughly chop the basil leaves (reserving a few for garnish) and stir through.
- Add the remaining stock if required and check the seasoning.
- Serve the soup in warmed bowls with a few basil leaves scattered over - add some Dean's Cheese Oat Nibbles & Chilli on the side.