Smoked Mackerel Pate
This is such a simple recipe with only a handful of ingredients and yet the result is an extremely tasty pate. Perfect as a starter served on oatcakes.
- Peppered smoked mackerel fillets (ready to eat) 2 -3 medium sized
- Reduced fat or ‘light’ soft cheese 200g
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Small bunch of chives, very finely chopped
- Extra chives to garnish
- Oatcakes to serve
Follow these steps
- Remove all skin and bones from the mackerel fillets. Break up the fillets into pieces and place in a mixing bowl. Add the soft cheese, chives and lemon juice and mix thoroughly. Chill for at least an hour. When ready to serve, spoon the pate into individual ramekin dishes. Garnish with a few extra chives and serve with Deans Cocktail Oatcakes.
- Cook’s note – this is such a simple recipe with only a handful of ingredients and yet the result is an extremely tasty pate. Perfect as a starter, or why not take some to work for lunch? Either way, we love it spread on Dean’s Cocktail Oatcakes.