Spiced Apple Ice Cream Cake
Toffee, apple & ice cream – a trio of great tastes come together in this beautiful dessert !
- 1 x 150g pack Dean's Oat Biscuits, crushed into crumbs
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 50g butter
- 50g pecan nuts, chopped
For the Ice Cream Filing
- 1 x 397g can sweetened condensed milk
- 200g creme fraiche
- 300mls natural yogurt
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 200g apple sauce (home made or from a jar)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- For the sauce:
- 80g dark muscovado sugar
- 100g fresh double cream
- 50g butter
- 100g apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Follow these steps
- Start preparing the base by lining the base of a 20cm loose bottom or spring form cake tin with baking parchment.
- Gently melt the butter in a sauce pan, remove from the heat and add the crushed biscuits, chopped pecans and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of the mixture into the bottom of a lined cake tin and press down evenly.
- To make the ice cream filling, pour the condensed milk, creme fraiche, yogurt and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and beat with an electric whisk for 5-6 minutes.
- Add the apple sauce and vanilla extract and mix well. Pour over the crumb base and smooth the top.
- Evenly sprinkle over the remaining crumb mix - cover with cling film and place in the freezer for at least 5 hours or until completely frozen.
- For the sauce, melt the butter in a pan with the dark muscovado sugar, double cream and vanilla extract.
- Bring gently to a simmer then stir in the apple sauce - keep warm.
- Take the ice cream cake from the freezer about 1 hour before serving, remove from the tin and place onto a serving plate.
- Place in the fridge to soften slowly.
- Cut into small wedges and serve with the warm toffee sauce spooned over.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]