Spiced Mincemeat Muffins
Fancy a little Christmas baking? Try serving these delicious festive muffins with a glass of mulled wine…..
- 100g butter
- 300g plain flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g caster sugar
- 1.5 tsp mixed spice
- 175mls milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 200g mincemeat
- A little icing sugar or sugar sparkle to finish
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 200degC
- Line a muffin pan with festive paper cases
- Melt the butter and leave to cool. Weigh out the flour, baking powder, sugar and mixed spice into a large bowl.
- Add the milk to the beaten eggs followed by the cooled melted butter. Tip the liquid into the dry ingredients and fold together quickly to form a batter - take care not to over mix
- Place a dessertspoon of the batter into the base of each paper case, top with a teaspoon of mincemeat. Add a further dessert spoon of batter taking care to cover the mincemeat, sealing it into the centre of each muffin.
- Place in the pre-heated oven for 20-25 minutes, until well risen, dark golden brown and slightly springy to touch
- Remove from the oven and dust with icing sugar or sugar sparkle - serve warm
- Makes around 16 muffins.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]