Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
This easy no-churn ice cream combines strawberries & Dean’s shortbread, a perfect start to the summer berry season.
- 200g strawberries washed, hulled & halved (plus a few extra to serve)
- 50g caster sugar
- 50 mls water
- 397g tin of condensed milk
- 600 mls fresh double cream
- 100g Dean's shortbread fingers, plus extra to serve
Follow these steps
- Start by making a strawberry coulis. Place the strawberries, sugar and water in a saucepan and place over a medium heat. Bring to a gentle simmer then stirring gently, continue to cook for around 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from the heat then pass through a sieve into a bowl to remove the seeds. Cover the bowl with clingfilm and place in the fridge to chill.
- Whip the double cream in a large mixing bowl until peaks form. Pour the condensed milk into a separate bowl, add a large spoonful of the whipped cream and carefully fold together. Pour the condensed milk mixture into the remaining whipped cream and carefully mix together.
- Place the shortbread in a plastic bag and break with a rolling pin to form a mix of crumbs and larger pieces.
- Add the chilled strawberry coulis and crushed shortbread to the ice cream mixture and carefully fold together to create a marbled effect.
- Pour into a 2lb loaf tin or similar sized plastic box, cover and freeze for at least 6 hours or overnight. Place in the fridge for two hours to soften before serving.
- Scoop into glasses and top with extra strawberries. Serve with shortbread fingers on the side.