Try our refreshing & light strawberry sorbet recipe, perfect served with a spoonful of summer fruits & Dean’s shortbread………
- 75g strawberries, washed and hulled
- 250g caster sugar
- 250mls water
- 1 egg white
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- Summer fruits (we used frozen) & Dean's shortbread to serve
Follow these steps
- Start by placing the sugar and water in a saucepan and bring gently to the boil. Simmer for four minutes then leave to cool.
- Place the prepared strawberries in a food processor and puree until smooth. Pass the puree through a sieve to remove the seeds, then discard.
- Combine the cooled sugar syrup with the strawberry puree and balsamic vinegar, mix well.
- Pour into a lidded plastic container, and freeze until nearly set. Tip the semi-frozen sorbet back into the food processor along with the egg white. Process to form a soft slush consistency.
- Return the sorbet to the lidded container and place in the freezer until frozen or until required. Remove from the freezer just before serving.
- Scoop into dessert glasses and serve with summer fruits & Dean's shortbread.