Strawberry & Vanilla Cheesecake
Home-grown strawberries are simply the best, so enjoy them right now while in season in this easy but delicious cheesecake recipe.
- 400g full fat soft cheese
- 300mls fresh double cream
- 80g icing sugar, sieved
- 1 tsp vanilla paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 300g fresh strawberries - washed, hulled & sliced
Follow these steps
- Line the base of a 20cm loose bottomed cake tin with parchment paper. Melt the butter in a saucepan over a low heat until melted, then mix in the Dean's Shortbread crumbs.
- Tip the crumb mixture into the lined cake tin and press evenly into the base using the back of a metal spoon.
- Place in the fridge to chill.
- To make the filling - beat the soft cheese together with the sieved icing sugar, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste. Add the cream and mix until smooth.
- Spoon onto the base and level the top. Place in the fridge to set. Remove from the tin and place on a serving plate.
- Decorate with sliced strawberries & serve.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]