Summer Fruit Pavlovas
The perfect summer dessert, mini pavlovas topped with seasonal soft fruits…….
- 2 medium egg whites
- 140g caster sugar
- 300mls double cream
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- Blueberries, raspberries & strawberries
- Icing sugar to finish
- Preheat the oven to 110degC / 100degCfan
- Before you begin, make sure your mixing bowl & beaters are super clean and free of any grease, this will help ensure your meringues turn out perfectly.
- Place the egg whites in the mixing bowl and whip until soft peaks form. Continue whisking adding a tablespoon of sugar at a time until the meringue is stiff and glossy.
- Prepare your baking tray with a sheet of non stick baking parchment, sticking it to the baking tray with a spot of meringue in each corner. Fit an icing bag with an open star nozzle and spoon the meringue mix into the bag.
- To create each pavlova pipe a dot of meringue on the parchment then in a continuous motion pipe a spiral around the dot twice. Then go around the edge again in the opposite direction to create the sides. Repeat until you have six meringues.
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 30 - 40 minutes until the meringues can be peeled easily from the paper. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Whip the double cream with the icing sugar & vanilla paste until soft peaks form. Spoon the cream into the centre of each meringue and decorate with soft fruits. Finish with a dusting of icing sugar and serve immediately.
- Serves 6.