Sundried Tomato & Parmesan Scones
Serve our delicious savoury scones with a bowl of hot soup – perfect for a cold January day.
- 225g self raising flour
- 50g butter
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp dried Italian herbs
- 70g finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 60g sundried tomatoes
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 100mls milk
Follow these steps
- Prepare the sundried tomatoes by draining on kitchen paper to remove any excess oil, then finely chop
- Pre-heat the oven to 200degC.
- Sift the flour into a large mixing bowl, then add the salt, baking powder and dried herbs. Rub in the butter until the mix resembles fine breadcrumbs
- Mix through the grated Parmesan cheese and chopped tomatoes.
- Stir in the beaten egg and enough milk to form a soft, slightly sticky dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead very lightly. Roll out to about 2cm thickness. Cut into rounds and place on a baking tray. Gather the scraps of dough and roll out again - cut more rounds. Continue until all the dough is formed into scones
- Bake in the pre-heated oven for 10-15 minutes, or until well risen and golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly - serve warm with a little butter.