Three Bean & Chorizo Soup
Warming, comforting and totally delicious, our winter soup recipe is a must-try. Serve with Dean’s Cheese & Chilli Oat Nibbles for an extra kick…..
- 1 x 400g can Three Bean Salad (drained), we used Tesco variety
- 120g chorizo sausage, cut into small chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled & diced
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 500g carton of passatta (sieved tomatoes)
- 400mls hot beef or chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp of each dried oregano & rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- a little sugar to taste (optional)
- Dean's Cheese & Chilli Oat Nibbles to serve
Follow these steps
- Add the chunks of chorizo to a large soup pan and cook over a medium heat until starting to brown. You may find quite a bit of fat is released from the chorizo as it cooks, if so remove any excess at this stage.
- Add the chopped onion, carrot and celery to the pan and continue to cook for a further 5-6 minutes. Add the drained beans.
- Next stir in the tinned tomatoes, passatta and stock. Bring to simmering point and add the dried herbs and bay leaf. Cover the pan with a lid and cook gently for around 30-40 minutes or until the vegetables are tender and the chorizo cooked through.
- Remove the bay leaf and season to taste. Add a little sugar to balance the acidity of the tomatoes if required.
- Serve in warmed bowls with Dean's Cheese & Chilli Oat Nibbles.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]