Watermelon & Basil Ice Lollies
Looking for something refreshing to cool you down during the summer heatwave? Look no further than our delicious watermelon & basil ice lollies.
- 1/2 watermelon
- 125g sugar
- 125mls water
- handful of fresh basil leaves
- 3 limes, juiced
- You will also need 10 ice lolly moulds & sticks
Follow these steps
- To prepare the watermelon juice, cut the flesh from the watermelon discarding any seeds. Cut into chunks then place in batches in a food processor and blend until smooth. Strain into a bowl through a sieve to remove any stray seeds or pulp. You will need around 600mls of watermelon juice. Set to one side.
- To make the basil syrup, place the sugar and water in a saucepan and place over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. Remove from the heat and add the fresh basil leaves, then leave to cool completely. Remove the wilted leaves.
- Once ready to assemble, combine the watermelon juice with the basil syrup and the lime juice then transfer to a jug to make it easier to pour. Fill the ice lolly moulds then add a lolly stick to each one. Freeze overnight.
- When ready to serve, gently warm the sides of the moulds by dipping in warm water, then gently remove. Serve immediately.
- Makes 10 ice lollies
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]