Perfect for bonfire night, our sticky gingerbread cupcakes are topped with smooth cream cheese frosting & a dusting of cinnamon!
- 110g unsalted butter
- 110g light brown sugar
- 100g black treacle
- 120g golden syrup
- 150mls milk
- 1 egg
- 220g self raising flour
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground cloves
For the cream cheese frosting:
- 75g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 120g full fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 420g icing sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla paste
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
Follow these steps
- Preheat the oven to 190degC /170degC fan. Line 2 muffin tins with cupcake cases - you'll need 14 altogether.
- In a large saucepan, add the butter, sugar, treacle and golden syrup and place over a medium heat until melted and well combined. In a large bowl, whisk together the milk and egg before pouring in the syrup mixture. Whisk well to combine then add the flour and spices and stir to form a thin batter
- Transfer the cake mix to a large jug and divide between the cupcake cases. Bake for 20 minutes until a skewer inserted in the middle comes out clean. Remove the trays from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes before transferring the cakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- To make the frosting, place the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of a stand mixer or large bowl if using a handheld whisk, and beat together for 1 minute until smooth. Add half the icing sugar, beat together, then add the remainder to create a thick frosting. Add the vanilla paste and beat again until well combined.
- Scoop the frosting into a large piping bag fitted with a round nozzle and pipe a large blob on top of each cupcake. Using a small sieve, dust over some ground cinnamon to finish.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]