Broccoli & Cheddar Soup
A tasty comforting soup, perfect to enjoy with Dean’s extra mature cheddar bites
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 litre chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 medium potato, peeled & chopped
- 1 head of broccoli, florets removed and stalk chopped
- 40g grated cheddar, plus a little extra for garnish
- salt & pepper to taste
- Dean's Extra Mature Cheddar Bites to serve
Follow these steps
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil then add the chopped onion. Stir and cook gently for five minutes then add the garlic. Pour over the stock then add the potato and chopped broccoli stalk. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli florets and cover the pan, cook for five minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and blend the soup until smooth, adding a little extra water if required. Stir in the grated cheese and season to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and top with a little extra cheese and black pepper. Serve with Dean's Extra Mature Cheddar Bites on the side.