We hope you will enjoy using the Dean’s website (our “website”) and we want to make sure your experience is as safe and useful as possible. Here you can find out how our website works, what data we collect from you, how we use it, circumstances where we may disclose this data to others and how we keep it secure. By using our website and providing your personal information you agree to be bound by the terms of this policy.
DEAN’S OF HUNTLY LIMITED (Company Number: SC116801) (“we”, “our” and “us”) takes the issue of security and data protection very seriously and strictly adheres to applicable data protection legislation. We are data controller of any personal data that you provide us.
Any questions relating to this policy and our privacy practices should be sent to email@example.com
How we collect information from you and what information we collect
We collect personal information that you give us by: (i) filling in forms on our website; (ii) registering for an account; and (iii) purchasing products on our website.
In particular, we collect the following personal information about you:
How we use your personal data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
We use the information we collect about you:
- to enable us to supply you with products that you have requested;
- to be able to send you communications that may be of interest to you, either electronically or otherwise; and for all other purposes consistent with the proper performance of our operations.
If you sign up to our newsletter via our website, we will send you communications electronically. In addition, and if you have opted in to receiving that marketing, we may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
You will also receive marketing communications from us if you have purchased products from us and you have opted in to receiving that marketing.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive this information, please send a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org Also, all of our email marketing correspondence gives you the option to opt-out of receiving further marketing emails. Please note that you will still receive emails directly related to an enquiry you have submitted via our contact form.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Sharing of your information
The information you provide to us will be treated by us as confidential and will be processed only by our employees. We may disclose your information to other third parties who act for us for the purposes set out in this notice or for purposes approved by you.
Transfers outside the EU
Your information will only be stored within the UK and EEA.
How long we will keep your information
We review our data retention periods regularly and will only hold your personal data for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or as required by law (we may be legally required to hold some types of information), or as set out in any relevant contract we have with you.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
You have the right at any time to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time.
If you would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us at email@example.com
You also have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk) in relation to our use of your information.