Lentil & Smoked Bacon Soup
Try our tasty lentil & smoked bacon soup recipe, delicious served with Dean’s oat bites or fresh crusty bread.
- 200g smoked bacon lardons, or any smoked bacon chopped into small pieces
- 250g red lentils
- 2 large onions, peeled & finely chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled & crushed
- 400mls hot vegetable stock
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- a few crispy bacon pieces to finish
Follow these steps
- Place the lardons or chopped bacon into a large soup pan and cook over a medium heat until the fat starts to run - add the chopped onion, potato and crushed garlic and fry gently for about 10 minutes.
- Add the turmeric and ground coriander, followed by the lentils and hot vegetable stock - stir well and bring up to simmering point. Cover with a lid and contunue to cook gently for around 40 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and blitz using a stick blender, or liquidise in batches. Check seasoning.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a few extra crispy bacon pieces sprinkled over, and some oatcakes or crusty bread on the side.
[shareaholic app="share_buttons" id="24709883"]