Carrot & Courgette Soup
Simple to make and so good for you, our warming soup recipe is perfect for cold February days.
Serve with oat cakes or crusty bread for a satisfying lunch.
- a little olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 500g carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 500g courgettes, washed and sliced
- 400mls hot vegetable stock
- 400mls semi-skimmed milk
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 30g strong cheddar cheese, grated
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- a little chopped parsley or snipped chives to serve
Follow these steps
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pan - add the chopped onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the prepared carrots & courgettes to the pan and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the hot stock, milk and nutmeg. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Liquidise the soup in batches or blend to a smooth consistency in the pan using a stick blender. Stir through the grated cheese until melted, season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve in warmed bowls with a sprinkling of parsley or chives.
- Serves 6